At Witthauer Financial Group we offer plans for Individuals and families.
Since 2014 there have been numerous changes in the healthcare industry. With the Healthcare Marketplace starting and allowing people to receive a tax credit based on income, how does one know if they are qualified? How do I know when I can sign up? We have created a few guides to navigating the healthcare marketplace as well as a FAQs sheet, to give you a better understanding of how things work. You can always find up-to-date information on the Healthcare Marketplace website: www.healthcare.gov
Through our office, we offer Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medica, and Sanford health plans. The same plans are offered on-exchange or off-exchange. On-exchange is through the healthcare.gov website and is for those that are eligible to receive a tax credit based on household size and income. Off-exchange is going direct through the insurance and tax credits are not offered because of higher income or other family circumstances that may eliminate you from receiving a tax credit. The plans offered are all the same; with the exception that if you are on the marketplace and your income falls in a certain level, you will receive a “cost-share reduced” plan. This means you're deductibles and out of pocket maximums would be lowered.
The tax credits were expanded even more in 2021 with the enactment of the American Rescue Plan. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for a tax credit. You can also click on the link to get run free quotes from our website and check out plans that are available to you. Below is a step-by-step to enroll. You do NOT need to enter in phone numbers or emails. It asks, but it's not required.
1. Click "Get A Quote"
2. Enter in Zip Code
3. Enter in age and sex of each household member applying. It will ask a couple other questions for each person (tobacco, parent of child, etc) answer accordingly.
4. Click continue
5. Verify the number in the "How many people are in your tax household?" that it is accurate with the number claimed on taxes.
6. Enter in your estimated income for the year
7. Click "Continue"
8. It will show you your estimated savings
9. Click "Continue"
10. If it's outside the open enrollment it will ask for Special Enrollment reason, otherwise it skips to preferred doctor.
11. You can skip the doctors question
12. Click "See your plans". You do NOT need to enter in an email address
13. Browse plans